We respect your privacy and consider it important.
This document outlines the manner in which we collect, store and distribute your personal information.
What Information do we collect? (Clause 1)
- We collect your name, age, email address, and any other information that you provide while registering on the Platform.
- We collect technical information such as your Internet Protocol and the information regarding your visit to the Platform such as the pages you surfed through.
- We collect information about any other third party social media account, which you have used to access the Platform, such as Facebook, Google, etc.
- We may collect information about you from other sources such as advertising networks and analytics providers.
- We also collect the metadata associated with the Content you submit.
How we use your information? (Clause 3)
- To verify your particulars;
- To send you promotional offers;
- To personalize content;
- To comply with the laws;
- To enhance the security of our Platform;
- To enforce our legal rights and remedies;
- To administer the Platform and for internal operations such as troubleshooting;
- To improve the Platform;
- To allow your participation in the interactive features of this Platform;
- To keep the Platform safe and secure;
- To measure the effectiveness of the advertisements served on the Platform;
- To recommend Services that may interest you.
Disclosure of Information (Clause 4)
- Any content that you have marked private shall not be visible to anyone other than you.
- Any content that you have marked as public shall be visible to everyone including search engines.
- We will not rent or sell your information to third parties except on an anonymized basis.
- Public content may be re-shared by others.
- We may share your information with business partners and advertiser/advertising networks.
- We do not disclose individual information to advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our Platform users.
- We may disclose your information to third parties if we sell or buy any business or assets, if the Company or most of its assets are acquired by a third party, or if we are required to share your data to comply with any legal obligations.
Where do we store your data? (Clause 5)
- All information you provide is stored in our secure servers.
- You are responsible for keeping your password protected and personal.
- We will do our best to protect your personal data but we cannot guarantee the security of your personal data and any transmission is at your own risk.
Your Rights (Clause 7)
- You are free to remove or delete content from your account at any point in time.
- Due to the nature of internet sharing, copies of your content may exist in places other than this Platform, including the content that you may have removed or deleted.
- You may amend or delete personal information from your Account at any time.
- You can opt out of unwanted email communications from us.
- You have the right to ask us to not process your personal data for marketing purposes at any time by contacting us.
- The Platform may contain links to the websites of partner networks. If you click on such links, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and we do not accept any liability or responsibility for the same.
Changes to this policy (Clause 8)
Grievance Officer (Clause 11)
If you have any concerns or issues regarding the Platform, please contact the Grievance Officer at [Insert Email Address].
Information We May Collect From You
We may collect and process the following data about you:
Information you give us.
- You may give us information about yourself by filling in forms on the Platform or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you register to use the Platform, subscribe to our Services, search for a product, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on the Platform, promotion or survey, provide feedbacks and rating, or when you report a problem with the Platform. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address, unique identification number, phone number, financial and credit/debit card information, and any net banking details and identity of the nominee and all other information required for our Services (including the PROTO Wallet). You may also choose to provide other personal information in order to express yourself beyond the required information, such as a short biography, your location, your website, or a picture. Your name, e-mail id and other information you choose to add to your profile will be available for public viewing on the Platform.
Information we collect about you.
- With regard to each of your visits to the Platform, we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) click stream to, through and from the Platform (including date and time); material or information that you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number at [Insert Number].
- If you use your account information with Facebook, Twitter, Google Plus or Gmail or any other social networking or similar site (collectively, “SNS”) to sign in to the Platform, an option of which may be provided by the Platform to you at its sole discretion, we will collect and store your SNS user ID, and other account information and other information freely made available to the Company by the SNS. The Account Information that is collected includes all the account information provided by you to that Platform. Please be aware that the other information we obtain from the SNS is often dependent on their privacy policies and/or on your settings regarding what information you have consented to share with services like that of Company’s.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other Services we provide. In this case we will inform you when we collect that data and that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this Platform. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from such sources. We collect non-personally identifiable information from the Platform visitors to track the total of number of visitors to the Platform in aggregate form and identify the type of Internet web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer®) and operating system (e.g., Windows®) used by the visitor. This information allows us continuously to improve our Platform.
Information we receive from Third-Party Embeds.
Metadata is usually technical data associated with Content you submit, post or share on the Platform. Users can add or may have metadata added to their Content including geolocation, date, attribution, or other data.
Uses of Your Information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
Information you give to us.
- We will use this information:
- to verify and process your personal particulars and payment;
- to inform you of promotions, offers, surveys, events, products and Services, which may be of interest to you;
- to facilitate and provide the Services offered through the Platform, including but not limited to, any Paid Services and the PROTO Wallet.
- to update and back-up our records;
- to reduce credit risk, detect and protect us against error, fraud and other criminal activity;
- to comply with law, the requests of law enforcement and regulatory officials, or orders of court;
- to enforce our legal rights and remedies; or
- to enhance the security of the Platform;
- to personalise content;
- to remember information to help you efficiently access your account;
- to provide you with information about other Services we offer that are similar to those that you are already using or have enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about Services we feel may interest you. If you are a registered user, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about services similar to the Services. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data, if available, or write to us at [Insert Email Address];
- to notify you about changes to our Services;
- to ensure that content from the Platform is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- to send you Service-related notices. We may also use your contact information to send you marketing email messages. If you do not want to receive such messages, you may opt out by following the instructions in the message. In order to verify that the e-mail address provided by you belongs to you, we will send you a verification e-mail. Once, the verification process is complete, your Account will be fully functional.
Information we collect about you.
- We will use this information:
- to administer the Platform and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve the Platform to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services, if any, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep the Platform safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of the Platform about Services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources.
- We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of Your Information
- For the Content that you personally upload on the Platform, you can choose to keep your Content private or public. Private Content will not be visible to anyone except you and people with whom you share the URL of the private Content so uploaded. Private Content will not be cached and archived on our servers. Public Content on the other hand is accessible to everyone, including search engines. Other users can collect, reproduce, comment on, and share all publicly available Content on the Platform. We reserve the right to share all public Content on any SNS or any other online or offline platform. We will never share any Content which you have marked as private unless we have your permission from you. We will never rent or sell your personal information to third parties, except on an anonymized basis, unless expressly provided in these Terms.
- Any information you voluntarily disclose for posting to the Platform, including your profile page information, is public content and hence is accessible to anyone. When you submit, post or share the Content that you choose to make public, on the Platform, it may be re-shared by others.
- We may share your personal information with any member of our Group. The term “Group” includes means, with respect to any person, any entity that is controlled by such person, or any entity that controls such person, or any entity that is under common control with such person, whether directly or indirectly, or, in the case of a natural person, any Relative (as such term is defined in the Companies Act, 1956 and Companies Act, 2013 to the extent applicable) of such person.
- We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with you.
- Advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers, but we may provide them with aggregate information about our users (for example, we may inform them that any given number of women in a specified age group clicked on their advertisement on any given day). We may also use such aggregate information to help advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target.
- We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
- If the Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our Terms [Insert Link] or other agreements; or to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Company, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Where We Store Your Personal Data
- Personal data refers to data, whether true or not, about an individual: (i) who can be identified from that data; or (ii) from that data and other information to which we have or are likely to have access. All information you provide to us is stored on our secured servers. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Platform, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Platform; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
How We Treat Your Browser Information
- We analyse the log files of our Platform to better understand the volume of traffic to particular areas of our Platform. This information helps us to serve your information needs.
- You are free to remove or delete Content from your Account at any point in time. However, there is a strong possibility that copies of public Content will be retained indefinitely in our systems, including in cached and archived pages of the Platform, or if other users have copied or saved that information. In addition, due to the nature of internet sharing, copies of your Content, including Content that you have removed or deleted from your Account, may also exist elsewhere on the Internet and be retained indefinitely.
- You may correct, amend, add or delete personal information from your Account at any time by logging in and visiting your profile page. As noted above, you may opt out from unwanted e-mail communications from us by following the instructions in the message. However, until your Account is deleted you will continue to receive all system e-mails.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at [Insert E-Mail Address].
- The Platform may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Changes To This Policy
- Sometimes we’ll send you emails about your account, Service changes or new policies. You can’t opt out of this type of “transactional” email (unless you delete your account). But, you can opt out of non-administrative emails such as digests, newsletters, and activity notifications through your account’s “Settings” page.
- When you interact with an email sent from the Platform (such as opening an email or clicking on a particular link in an email), we may receive information about that interaction. We won’t email you to ask for your password or other account information. If you receive such an email, please send it to us so we can investigate.
- If you have any issue and/or concerns regarding the Platform, please reach out to our designated Grievance Officer [Insert Name].
In accordance with Information Technology Act, 2000 and Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 made there under, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below: